Sunday, March 29, 2015

My reservation though

In the absolutely true diary of a part time Indian, Junior's home becomes a place where people have become to comfortable with their conditions and stay there forever. However, Junior knows to achieve to success he has to get away.
       Throughout my short life, I have had to flee places of comfort in order to find my potential and better myself. The first time I can recall would have to be in 6th grade. I remember being taken out of class with a few of my fellow peers. I remember being a little on the fence because when you're a sixth grader you kinda always have something to be worried about. Did they hear me swear? Did they saw me hit Cindy? Did she actually tell? Well, none of this had to do with me being taken out of class that day. I was told due to my high test scores, I had the ability to test my way into a better school to have the chance to get into a selective enrollment. I had forgotten to say my dream was to go to Whitney Young, just because the kids there were the smartest of the smart (now I know the real truth buuuut, anywho...). Well, it turned out I was the only one interested in taking said test. None of my good friends wanted to take it with me and it really hurt me. I would have to start a new social life in a different school, every child's worse nightmare, that is, if I was even accepted. My mother had said it was up to me to decide, and so I did. I took that test and honestly, I did horribly and didn't get accepted into any school, the first time around. Once the second round began, I had been accepted to Lenart and Kenwood Academic centers. Despite my uncertainty, I decided to go to Lenart and leave behind my friends. (I am lowkey really happy I left because afterwards everyone got really ratchet and tried to be ghetto. Like pah-leez stop, you're not cool.)
      After 8th grade, we were forced of the new comfortable living we got used to in 7th and 8th grade. Once again, I had to choose where to go for high school. I luckily got into Whitney Young and decided to go there. However, I left behind my entire clique except for one. Out of 32 students, only 7, including me went to Young. I only talk to 3 now.
     After high school began I could no longer hide my raging homosexuality. I mean, lots of people were very good looking at Young. I had to leave behind the disguise of being a heterosexual male to both my friends and my family. Luckily for me, I was surrounded by people who loved me no matter what. However, the moment I came out was so heart stopping despite how anti-climatic it was. (I kinda just came out at a restaurant and then the food came and everything was cool.)
     I can't compare myself to Junior and his limitations because I have been very privileged and lucky. But I guess there is darkness in every bright situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment